Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre
Project Value:$140 Million
ZW provided Design Management services, including: Project Administration; Programming and planning; acting as liaison with User Representatives, Cancer Care Ontario, TOH Facilities and Consultant Team; and the coordination and production of full FFE program.
This project consisted of a two-site expansion for the delivery of Cancer Services in Eastern Ontario. The new and renovated facilities bring together programs for outpatient clinics, systemic therapy, radiation therapy, surgical oncology, preventative oncology, palliative medicine and supportive care.
The mobile site located at the Queensway Carleton Hospital included:
- • New construction of a four-storey 85,000 sq. ft. building that will house three radiation treatment machines
- • Two clinics and 33 chemotherapy spaces; and,
- • A parking garage
The expansion at the Ottawa Hospital General Campus included:
- • Renovation and expansion of the existing Cancer Center to consolidate The Ottawa Hospital’s cancer services;
- • Capacity for eight radiation treatment machines, and one standby machine.
- • Additional space to offer a total capacity for four clinics and 50 chemotherapy spaces; and,
- • A research laboratory and two floors of shelled in space for future expansion